Friday, December 22, 2006

 
2 December Off to Trujillo
This is Part 1 of the Trujillo visit that I missed earlier. We actually didn't fly to Trujillo til the evening. But getting used to evening being the busy part of the day now. Got in and got Matthew settled. Paola decided to stay with him so Andrew and I popped next door to a really nice restaurant called the Chelsea (that also has a pumping dance floor later in the night, but we didn't sample this). Now we arrived at 10pm on a Saturday night and I thought we would be at the end of the dinner service, but no, as I have learned through constant repetition (am I slow or what?), we were the beginning of the dinner service; and as our meal progressed the restaurant filled to capacity. Andrew explained the dance floor wouldn't open til at least midnight, maybe 1am. Tried local Trujillo Pilsen beer - pretty good, full strength alcohol as all beer is in Peru, but light to taste - not very 'beerie' - and good with steak. Which of course I ordered. Haven't had a fillet steak for ages and it was tender and perfectly cooked, served with freshly steamed julienne veges. Just what I needed late at night straight before sleep (actually I'm not being silly, it was a light meal compared to much I have been quaffing in Peru).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?