Sunday, December 10, 2006

 
Still finishing off Trujillo
Sunday morning I struggled out of bed at 10am to meet Andrew and Paola for breakfast at 'my' cafe at 11am. Now I am finally getting used to Peruvian meal times. Breakfast is at 11am. Lunch is at 4pm and dinner at 10pm. Now this works when you sleep til 10am, the shops open at 11am and you don't even think about going out in the evening before 12midnight. Realistically - predinner drinks 7.30-9.30pm, dinner til midnight, dancing il you can't dance no more. And there is dancing at every function. Lunch or evening. There is music everywhere and everyone can keep the beat. They can't all dance well but they all have a bloody good try, even if it's just clapping along...

Andrew very patiently went gold shopping with me today. Paola and I had done the comparision shopping in Lima previously so we know what we could get in the big smoke and reckoned Trujillo was the place to buy. I think he did well and I have three nice pieces in 18crt. As I have been a very conservative shopper I think I deserved the investment. I also bought a few bits for the boys at a party supplies shop. Cheap as chips. Not Peruvian but FUN...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?