Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 
30 December to 2 January Feliz Año Nuevo
Lots of travelling - Arequipa to Lima to Trujillo to Lima to Santiago...
My faith in human nature is being restored as I see and spend time with Sarella, Paola, Andrew, Diego and Cheryl (may have this lovely lady's name wrong here and apologise profusely if so)

Spent some time getting to Trujillo to be with family for New Year. Peruvian new year was late but pretty quiet. Didn't get to the venue til 11pm even though it started at 9pm and there were very few already there. In fact most of the crowd didn't arrive til after 12. It seems the family dinner on NYE is a MUST and THEN you go out. There was no count down and no fireworks, although I did hear some crackers go off at private parties around our venue. They dance Latin all night but 90% of the crowd don't dance touching like the the stereotype...its just like a big latin disco. Not that much different from home except less variety as we at throw in a few styles. Maybe I missed something not understanding the lyrics...stylewise that is...bands played til 6am. We left 4am and went for a drink in a classy bar after. Got to bed after removing the face etc at 5.30am.

They're a lovely bunch my family and their friends. So kind to adopt me and take me in. They make such an effort to include me. Thank you all!!!...

New Year's day was very quiet, we were all very tired and in fact we all fell asleep for a nanna nap in the afternoon, waking up in time for a Chifa (Chinese) dinner and a reasonably early night. Chifa in Trujillo is as good as Cusco and again quite close to Oz Chinese. Fresh and tasty with plenty of veges. And the wontons at his restaurant were the best 've had. Lovely meaty ones freshly made pastry and sweet ginger sauce...mmm...

Andrew had to go up to Piura for work for a few days and it wasn't practical for me to go along. Was hoping to get a look at his mine but not to be...In fact I really feel like it's time to be at home. Peru has been great but starting to feel like I'm marking time and really want to be back with my boys. I miss them terribly and have done for the last month particularly.

So with them in mind, and the thought of many hugs and kisses, I am sitting in Santiago airpot now trying to get a standby flight home. No problem getting this far but crossing the pacific ocean is a bit more challenging. I don't hold out hopes and may end up spending days in the airport waiting in the wing lounge for someone to take pity on me. But if it means I get home sooner then it's all worth the wait. Love you Hunter. Love you MacLean. Can't wait to see you...mum xxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxxooo

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?